My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.americanindavao.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Why Leave Florida,USA for Davao, Philippines

This is the begining of the saga of Bruce and Elena, an American man and a filipina lady. I will use this blog to journal my life and experiences moving to and living in the country of my loving woman.

To start off, for about 3 years I have tried to bring my fiancee Elena to America. Well for reasons I do not want to discuss here, the American Embassy has been holding things up.

I have visited the Philippines 3 times. First for a week in Manila, and 2 times in Davao at Elenas home.

The first trip to Davao was for Christmas and New Years of 2006. All of her family was there to meet me. It was in experience having 18 people living eating and sleeping in a 2 bedroom house. Thankfully all 18 were there for just 2 days. The rest of the time we only had about 12.

The second trip was last July/August. This time it was just Elena and her 3 neices staying with her as they attend nursing school.

Then, I was laid off from my job because of the decline of the housing market in Florida and most of the US. I am a Project Manager, Cadd Manager, Studio Manager and Architectural Computer Draftsman (pick what ever positions you like best, I am all).
I have looked, but cannot find another position with enough income to be able to live here.

Well, with the moneys I have invested, and the proffits from selling my home, I have decided to just move to Davao City, on Mindanao in the Philippines. We will not be rich, but we will be comfortable.

To read more about Elena and me, visit http://www.filipinainamerica.com/ where I started a blog to journal her move here which has not happened.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever been to the phillipines? Is your future bride ok with you going there, i assumed she wanted to come to America to get away from the Island. What if she leaves your ass there? Unemployment is huge there? What are you going to do there?

Bruce said...

Even though you are rude, I will still answer your questions. I have been to the Philippines 3 times, once to Manila, and twice to Davao. About her wanting to come to America. She only wanted to come to America to be with me, but preferred to stay there.
About working, I will not have to work there. I have enough savings and investments to live a comfortable but not extravagant life. I might do some consulting or web based business.
Leave me? where would she go, she is already home.